TITLE: Law Enforcement “Pistol Rehab”
COURSE FEE: $125
DURATION: 1-Day Course
“Pistol Rehab” goes beyond teaching a student “how” to operate a hand gun, to defining the “when’s “and the “why’s” of taking specific actions and applying sound tactics in fluid high stress environments. Too often LEO’s are force-fed bland and overly simplified firearms qualification programs to fulfill state standards catering to the lowest common denominator. “Pistol Rehab” is designed specifically for LEO’s and focuses on correcting many of the deficiencies left by traditional law enforcement training methods. “Pistol Rehab” challenges many of the archaic ideas still lingering in the law enforcement community but builds onto a student’s existing knowledge of pistol marksmanship and defensive shooting skills.
Topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Safety brief, medical concerns, and rang safety considerations.
- Firearm safety and weapons handling on the range and in the real world.
- Fundamentals of marksmanship.
- Pistol diagnostics.
- Defensive shooting skills.
- Alternative shooting positions.
- Weapons manipulation and handling.
- Malfunction clearance procedures.
- Accuracy and speed drills.
- Movement while shooting.
- Use of cover and concealment.
- Engaging multiple threats.
- Safe and proper use of holster.
- Survival/defensive mindset.
- Equipment selection and considerations.
- Medical considerations off the range.
• A mid to full sized semi-automatic pistol chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig, or .45ACP
• Belt with holster and magazine pouches
• Pistol Magazines -Three or more
• 350-450 rounds of pistol ammunition
• Eye and ear protection ( Clear eye protection for low light shooting classes)
• Note taking materials
• Weather appropriate clothing (extra clothing suggested)
• Rain Gear
• Food, drink, and medications
• Suggested weapons support equipment (Lube, cleaning kit, tools, spare parts, spare optics batteries
• Individual First Aid Kits and Tourniquets (suggested)
A NOTE ABOUT HOLSTERS:
-In most of our classes only outside the waistband holsters are permitted. No Black Hawk SERPA or SERPA style holsters are permitted. No floppy nylon or worn out leather holsters are permitted. Holsters with some type of retention value / device is STRONGLY recommended. Shooters will be moving in and out of unconventional shooting positions and safety is paramount. We normally recommend some type of open top Kydex or molded plastic holster with positive retention or a law enforcement duty style holster. Law Enforcement Officers are permitted to use a Black Hawk SERPA duty holster if that is what they carry on duty. This only applies to duty style holsters.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com or text / call 330-581-3076 to confirm your seat in class.
You may pay by credit card, check, cash, or Pay Pal.
Payment must be received in full to reserve seats.
If you wish to pay by check please make checks payable to Lampas Security Consulting and mail them to:
12160 Hoover Ave. N.W. Uniontown, Ohio 44685
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK AHEAD OF TIME.
IF YOU SHOW UP TO CLASS WITH INAPPROPRIATE GEAR YOU WILL BE SENT HOME WITHOUT A REFUND.