TITLE: LOW LIGHT PATROL RIFLE (LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY)
COURSE FEE: $125.00
DURATION: 5 PM – 12 AM
2018 DATES: August 31st
LOCATION: Navarre Police Department 27 Canal Street W, Navarre, Ohio 44662
This Low Light Patrol Rifle class is only open to current law enforcement officers, government agencies that serve in a law enforcement capacity, and current active duty, reserve, and National Guard military members.
Low Light Patrol Rifle will delve into the equipment, tactics, and techniques that must be applied to fight in low light environments. Class will discuss human anatomy and how the eyes work in low light / no light situation, equipment selection pros and cons, defensive marksmanship, and movements.
Topics covered include but are not limited to:
• Safety brief, medical concerns, and rang safety considerations.
• Firearm safety and weapons handling on the range and in the real world.
• Fundamentals of marksmanship.
• Pistol / Rifle diagnostics.
• Defensive shooting skills.
• Alternative shooting positions.
• Weapons manipulation and handling.
• Malfunction clearance procedures.
• Accuracy and speed drills.
• Movement while shooting.
• Use of cover and concealment.
• Engaging multiple threats.
• Safe and proper use of holsters and other equipment.
• Survival/defensive mindset.
• Equipment selection and considerations.
• A mid to full sized semi-automatic pistol chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig, or .45ACP
• Belt with holster and magazine pouches
• Pistol Magazines -Three or more
• Functional semi-auto rifle chambered in, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 7.62X39, 5.45X39, .300 BO etc.
• 4-6 + rifle mags
• Mag carrier
• 300-400 rounds pistols and 200-300 rounds of rifle ammunition ( Low Light Rifle classes)
• Hand held flash light and weapon mounted flash light with extra batteries ( Low Light Classes Only)
• Two Chem Light / Glow Sticks ( Low Light Classes Only)
• Eye and ear protection ( Clear eye protection for low light shooting classes)
• Note taking materials
• Weather appropriate clothing (extra clothing suggested)
• Rain Gear
• Food, drink, and medications
• Suggested weapons support equipment (Lube, cleaning kit, tools, spare parts, spare optics batteries
• Individual First Aid Kits and Tourniquets (suggested)
A NOTE ABOUT HOLSTERS:
-In most of our classes only outside the waistband holsters are permitted. No Black Hawk SERPA or SERPA style holsters are permitted. No floppy nylon or worn out leather holsters are permitted. Holsters with some type of retention value / device is STRONGLY recommended. Shooters will be moving in and out of unconventional shooting positions and safety is paramount. We normally recommend some type of open top Kydex or molded plastic holster with positive retention or a law enforcement duty style holster. Law Enforcement Officers are permitted to use a Black Hawk SERPA duty holster if that is what they carry on duty. This only applies to duty style holsters.
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text / call 330-581-3076 to confirm your seat in class.
You may pay by credit card, check, cash, or Pay Pal.
Payment must be received in full to reserve seats.
If you wish to pay by check please make checks payable to Lampas Security Consulting and mail them to:
12160 Hoover Ave. N.W. Uniontown, Ohio 44685
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK AHEAD OF TIME.
IF YOU SHOW UP TO CLASS WITH INAPPROPRIATE GEAR YOU WILL BE SENT HOME WITHOUT A REFUND.